Friday, June 18, 2010

Recipe Rewind: Big Pancake

Do you eat 'Brinner'? (Breakfast for dinner)

We do, occasionally. When I have a craving or am feeling lazy, or maybe I just need a sugar fix that only syrup can fulfill. Whatever the reason, when I make Brinner, it usually turns out to be my favorite dinner of the week. Maybe because it feels a bit devious, I'm cheating and scoffing at the dinnertime hour by eating breakfast. Or again, maybe it's just because my pregnant belly needs the sweet sugary syrup.

This past Wednesday, I HAD to have big pancake (aka: dutch babies). And let's be honest here, I'd already made it as a legitimate breakfast on Monday morning. However, my craving had not been fulfilled.

Tim's also decided that he likes big pancake better than regular pancakes. He says they're more 'eggy'. I concur. I lather mine in not just syrup, but do more of a french toast style with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and then syrup. Mmmm.

This weekend is definitely calling for big pancake! If you haven't already, click HERE for the recipe.

Make it happen, folks.

Guten appetit!

No comments: